FAQ – IP Forecaster
How secure are IP Forecaster, IP Forecaster Integrated and IP Forecaster Pro?
All our products are built in ASP and housed on secure servers. They are accessed via our website with your own unique ID and password.
Do I have to download them to my PC or Mac?
No, they are internet based so you can browse them from anywhere in the world, 24 hours a day.
Can they have more than one user?
Yes and users can have different access levels.
Can they handle more than one cost centre?
Yes, whilst they are single client systems, they can handle multiple costs centres such as projects, R&D, divisions etc.
Can they work in my local currency?
Yes. You can set up the programme to work in your local currency so as to reflect your actual patent costs.
What patent data does IP Forecaster provide?
IP Forecaster provides data on patent costs and timing data to help with patent budgeting and the patent management process.
This includes information on patent filing, patent pending, patent granted, updates on patent number search, as well as accurately projecting future patent costs.
The patent cost data used to create budgets includes all attorney charges, official fees and maintenance fees associated with filing (priority and national/regional), prosecution (office action costs), maintenance (renewal charges) and grant of each patent or patent portfolio over its lifetime.
Where is this data sourced?
From a network of international patent attorneys and patent offices worldwide such as US patent office (USPTO) and European patent office (EPO) as well as all other offices.
How often is the patent data updated?
Data is updated as and when there is a change and updated in real time.
Design & Support
Who designed IP Forecaster and products?
IP Forecaster was designed by patent attorneys
Who provides the customer support?
Customer care is provided by qualified patent formalities (docketing) specialists who are experts in the patent field
Terms of Business
Access to the IP Forecaster services are provided by Patrafee to clients under the terms of a standard Services Agreement signed by both parties.
General Service Terms:
- In consideration for payment of the Fees as set out in the appropriate Services Agreement, Patrafee shall provide the IP Forecaster Service to the Client.
- Patrafee shall commence provision of the IP Forecaster Service to the Client on receipt of the Fees and shall continue providing the IP Forecaster Service in accordance with the Permitted Number of Users for the term of the Services Agreement. Subject to payment of the applicable additional fees, as published on Patrafee’ website from time to time, the Client may increase the Permitted Number of Users at any time.
- For the avoidance of doubt, the IP Forecaster Pro system is not intended to function as, and is not licensed as, a docketing system for a licensee to provide professional services to third party clients. The system is licensed for internal use only by the licensee.
- Patrafee shall use reasonable endeavours to ensure that access to the IP Forecaster Service is available at all times, however Clients acknowledge and agree that the IP Forecaster Service may not be accessible to the Client from time to time. Wherever possible: (i) all scheduled service interruptions shall take place outside of office hours; and (ii) 7 days prior written notice shall be given to the Client.
- Patrafee shall provide ongoing email and telephone support between 9.00am and 5.30pm (UK time), Monday to Friday (excluding bank and public holidays).
- Patrafee shall issue all invoices for the Fees in advance.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT, which will be applied to the fees and payable by the Client, if applicable, at the standard rate.
- In the event that any fees are not paid in accordance with the provisions herein, Patrafee may deny Client and Designated Users access to the IP Forecaster Service without prior notice.
- The Services Agreement shall continue in effect for a period of one year and thereafter unless terminated by either party on the provision of not less than 90 days written notice to the other.
- In no event shall Patrafee be liable for:
- any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, including loss of profits and goodwill, business or business benefit, or the cost of procurement of substitute products or IP Forecaster Service by Client even if advised of the possibility of such damages;
- any delay or failure to provide the IP Forecaster Service that is due to acts or omissions of third parties, including without limitation, internet service providers, data centres, server hosting companies and telecommunications companies; or
- any Designated User actions, demands or claims against the Client howsoever arising.
- Standard confidentiality terms shall govern information disclosed by either party to the other under the Services Agreement.
- Patrafee may use the Client’s name in client lists and other publicity, including interviews, case studies, and conference discussions, provided that such publicity accurately describes the nature of the relationship between the Client and Patrafee and the prior consent of the Client has been given, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
Please contact us if you would like to review the full terms of our IP Forecaster Services Agreement.